Sims Nieuws Forum

Je kunt gewoon niet zonder!

Plaats reactie

1 bericht • Pagina 1 van 1

hiki
Grafschrift schrijver Grafschrift schrijver

Girl Gamers preview (Xbox 360)

The Sims 3 On Consoles Preview

If there’s one game that catches my attention and reels me in, it’s The Sims. I’ve been an avid player of the life simulation games over the years on the PC and each new release I can see the way the game is evolving into a more powerful and exciting game.

After playing The Sims 3 on the Nintendo DS at Gamescom, my curiosity got the better of me and I needed to know what the new Sims 3 game on the Xbox 360 would really be like. After all I’ve seen it on the handheld and wondered what the transition would be like when players got to play it on the consoles.

The Sims 3 on console basically looks exactly the same as it does on the PC, but bigger, obviously depending on the size of your TV screen. Visually it’s as stunning as ever with detailed sprites and well designed gameplay. Players create their Sim with their own individual personalities and try their best to fulfil their dreams and desires.

The Sims 3 on console introduces the new feature of Karma Powers.Karma Powers are, as you may expect, much like having something extra lucky or something malicious happen to your sim, depending on what type of person you want to be within the game. So if you wish, you could make your sim look instantly beautiful or if you’re feeling a little bit evil, you could curse them. You can unlock Karma powers throughout the game and gather points, which can then be spent on giving your sim instant wealth or talent. I did watch as the demonstrator showed me how to do unbelievably evil things to their Sim. They made their Sim cry, scream and wet themselves on the spot. On the subject of terrorising innocent Sims, apparently people have been known to brick their Sims into houses where there are no windows or doors. Whoever came up with this initial idea is either very funny or dangerously insane. whatever the reason, I found myself laughing. I would have never of thought of doing that to my Sim, but I been assured by people that they have.

Everything is built around the unique traits system, the living open neighbourhood, lifetime wishes, and endless customization options, putting you, the player, in control. Creating their Sims’ personalities is essentially making everything personal for the player wishes. For instance they may want their Sim to be smart, beautiful, funny and talented. Or they could make them evil and paranoid. How about the most dangerous combination of smart, beautiful, evil and paranoid. Players can decide if they wish to fulfil their Sim’s dreams and desires or simply let them have a complete epic fail in their life. They can become famous as world leaders and rock stars, or be sent on a life of crime as a thief. Everything rests upon your shoulders as the player and their destiny is in your hands.

The customization is straight forward and you can change the way furniture looks with the preset styles and designs within the game. Everything is more or less the same as the PC version, although with the Xbox 360 you can share your creation and even download content from your friends around the world without ever leaving the game, through a seamlessly integrated exchange system and I love the idea behind that. The whole idea of sharing across the network definitely has huge potential for the Sims.

Players can take on short or long challenges and earn rewards, trophies and achievements. These can then be shared online with friends via Facebook. Players can build their ultimate home and even improve their town with building upgrades. With the Sims 3 there is always room to create, design and build everything from the structure of your home to the personality of your Sim in such an effortless way. I thought it would be more clumsy and complicated on the Xbox 360, but it flows well and gives players complete control at all times. The controls seem straight forward and menus are easy to access.

If you ultimately wish to make your Sims life incredibly unhappy, then you will see the repercussions of your actions. Everything has an effect and your actions all matter. I look forward to this new way to interact with my Sims when the game launches this Autumn on Xbox360, PS3, Wii and DS.

Bron: Girl Gamers
Afbeelding